Dripping Springs was a resort in the late 1800's, a slightly cooler area than the lower-lying Las Cruces and El Paso. Later it was used as a tuberculosis sanitorium until the mid-1900's. These livery ruins and a few other buildings are all that are left to show that this was once a thriving area. The name Dripping Springs comes from a spring that drips over the rocks on the side of the mountain. There wasn't much water the day we were there.